Picture Courtesy of Animals Australia
1. The the University of Melbourne become a Cage Free Campus
2. Cage Free signifies the use of either no eggs or only free range eggs in freshly prepared food products and purchased baked goods such as cakes, muffins and donuts (full accreditation).
3. UMAPS will also recognise cafes that use free range eggs in their freshly prepared food products however the products they order in the form of baked goods contain caged eggs. These businesses will be provided with signage which clear indicates that free range eggs are used only in freshly prepared products.
4. The policy of a Cage Free Campus would extend to both:
a. On campus eateries
b. Catering services employed by the University
5. That the Vice Chancellor do everything within his power to mandate that campus eateries and catering services use either no eggs or free range eggs in their freshly prepared food.